I would like to propose that we could possibly consider some language revisions in our Terms of Service.
Specifically, I have seen a growing trend of accounts that :
- are created primarily as support for State propaganda accounts in the fediverse.
- whose posts are very limited and sometimes consist simply of Boosting one of these accounts elsewhere (official government accounts sometimes).
- sometimes the Boosting account goes on to posting a non-sensical public post with a Thumbs Up emoji.
Participation of those users is very limited and there’s no interaction with other Qoto users.
On the opposite end of the political spectrum, I have also noted some recent posts by an account that:
- simply posts an image, without a comment or any words at all.
- these images consistenly are identifiable as right wing memes or messages.
- and they are posted in quick fire at times.
- this account has NO interaction with other instance users, and I can’t see their relation to the Qoto stated STEM theme at all.
Considering the approaching USA federal election this November, I think this could possibly expand - we becoming a channel for this Propaganda that is blocked and ignored by most instances who de-federate the instances typically hosting this type of account and action.
In both cases - I would move that we start considering Propaganda and actions as described above as similar to the non-acceptable “Advertising” already clearly listed as grounds for exclusion from Qoto’s Mastodon instance.
Re-hashing and editing the current wording if this idea is supported would be part of implementing it.
Brought forward as a proposal for discussion, as both of those groups are adding posts that don’t jive in my opinion with Qoto’s stated focus and mission.